A MESSAGE TO OUR FRIENDS AND SUPPORTERS ABOUT COVID-19
On behalf of the Senior Rides and More Board of Directors and staff, we hope that you and your families are staying healthy and calm during these unprecedented times. Here at Senior Rides, we are doing the best that we can to adjust to the COVID-19 pandemic and will update our policies and procedures as new information comes available. We are taking this one day at a time.
Currently, we are letting the care receivers self-direct their own appointments, however we are implementing the following services and precautions:
- Offering the option of having a volunteer shop for our seniors so that they can stay safely in the confines of their own home.
- We are looking into the option of grocery delivery for some of our seniors who need more immediate assistance.
- Our office staff is calling our care receivers to check on them and let them know that we are here for them if they need groceries or even just a friendly phone call.
- We are urging our volunteers to accept appointments at their discretion and ask that our immune-compromised volunteers temporarily refrain from volunteering at this time for your own safety.
- We ask that our volunteers sanitize the interior of their automobiles daily for the safely of our seniors and to consider having them ride in the back seat to comply with self-distancing guidelines.
Senior Rides and More remains open to assist those in need. Please call us if you have any questions or concerns about our programs or our policies.
We thank you for your support.
The Senior Rides and More Board of Directors and Staff
March 19, 2020