FACTS About Senior Rides and More:
- Senior Rides and More is the only organization offering FREE door-to-door transportation to the frail and elderly in the 30 zip codes we serve within Southwest Houston.
- Senior Rides and More is the only organization offering FREE door-to-door transportation to the frail and elderly in the 11 zip codes we serve within Northwest Houston.
- The average monthly income of Senior rides and More’s care receivers is $1,094.
- 75% of Senior Rides and More’s care receivers are women, most of whom live alone with no nearby family.
- Over 90% of Senior Rides and More’s care receivers are both elderly and living with a health impairment.
- Senior Rides and More works with other providers of services for the elderly including Meals on Wheels, Sheltering Arms, Catholic Charities, Jewish Family Services, the American Red Cross, Northwest Assistance Ministries, and Neighbors 4 Neighbors Network, to ensure that our care receivers are kept safe and healthy in their long-time homes.
- It costs Senior Rides and More less than $25 per month to help a care receiver remain in their home—the goal of more than 90% of infirm seniors.
In the period from 2007 to 2015 Senior Rides and More has:
- Increased the number of seniors helped from 2007 to 2014 (112 to 429);
- Increased the number of volunteers helping seniors from 2007 to 2014 (47 to 163);
- Increased the number of supporting congregations from 9 to 22—very important because most of our volunteers are recruited through supporting congregations;
- Implemented a Five Year Strategic Plan to help us continue to grow in an organized and cost-effective manner;
- Established a small Special Needs Fund to assist current care receivers in emergency situations;
- Increased our service area from 27 to 30 zip codes in the Southwest area;
- Added Northwest Houston to our service area which includes 11 zip codes.
In 2015, Senior Rides and More:
- Recruited and trained a total 175 volunteers
- Helped 487 seniors
- Performed 2,406 care giving events
- Drove 31,165 miles
- Donated 4,956 hours of service
- Assisted seniors in 30 zip codes in southwest Houston
- Assisted seniors in 11 zip codes in northwest Houston
- Benefited from over $42,200 of in-kind donations
- Had administrative costs of less than 15% of total budget
- Helped seniors at a cost of just $20 per month, per person
- Donated 2,985 free cab miles and 226 cab trips to assist care receivers when a volunteer was not available