Who We Serve
To qualify for Senior Rides and More services, you should be:
- 60+ years of age
- Ambulatory (cane and walker acceptable)
- Live within the 30 Southwest Houston area zip codes or the 11 Northwest Houston area zip codes we serve
- Not diagnosed with a mental illness
- Not diagnosed with Alzheimer’s
We unfortunately are unable to serve those in a wheelchair. Our wonderful volunteers provide their own vehicles to transport our Care Receivers and are not equipped to assist wheelchair-bound individuals. We cannot make exceptions and thank you for understanding.
Senior Rides and More’s care receivers are frail and elderly people who live in our service area.
- Over 90% are elderly (over 70 years of age) and health-impaired making transportation assistance vital.
- 75% are women, most of whom live alone with no nearby family.
- Their median income is only $1,094 per month.
- In 2011, Senior Rides and More volunteers helped over 300 seniors on a regular basis.
- Our service area encompasses 30 zip codes in southwest Houston and eastern Fort Bend County and 11 zip codes in northwest Houston.
If interested, please fill out our care receiver application forms here.
Contact the Senior Rides and More Office for more information: 713-772-8181 or info@seniorRidesandMore.org